DRAFT SPARKLING WHITE WINE FROM VENETO (PROSECCO REGION) IN THE CASK
Our winery company has added, beyond the classic bottles of Prosecco, another speciality to our range of products called PET 24-liters “One-way” cask, made with a completely recyclable material. It contains sparkling white wine from Veneto (the same region of the Prosecco); it is made with a blend of grapes above all the Glera grapes (Prosecco grapes) to give aromatic quality and Trebbiano/Verduzzo from Veneto to give freshness and robustness. It is also made according to Charmat Method (same process as Prosecco).
Benefit of casked wine:
• Lower cost, increased turnover and great margins for the customers
• Products protected from light and oxidation
• Same system as the draft beer ideal for pubs, restaurants, welcome drinks, beaches, bars, hotels, wine shops, catering services, business conventions, summer terraces, discos, clubs, cruises, stadiums, weddings etc. and for making cocktails like Aperol Spritz, Martini Royale, Hugo etc.
• Lower costs, space optimization, simplified logistics. A 100X120X200 h. cm. pallet can keep up to 1008 litres; it means almost the double of liters in a container in comparison to the bottles; 1Kg plastic=24Kg glass+40 bottles+40 corks;
• It generally has cheaper custom taxes in import;
• Respect the environment (recyclable materials)
• 1 month shelf life after opening, same flavours and taste from the first to the last glass and no more waste of wine!
• Product always at the right temperature
The cask production system is a true technological innovation. The fully automated work process is designed to ensure the quality of the wine and its traditional genuineness. Only in this way can the quality of 8cento sparkling white wine from Veneto (the Prosecco’s region), reach the consumers unaltered. The grapes, transformed into wine in the cask, undergo careful quality checks and an enhanced selection process, compared to traditional oenological treatment. The “Oneway” cask houses the product perfectly, guaranteeing an optimal protection against shocks, excellent stackability and excellent handling. Made with single-use plastic material (PET), completely recyclable is environmentally sustainable and compliant with EU and FDA directives on foodstuff.
1 The cask can be connected with existing beer or beverage draught systems, since it uses the same under counter system. As an alternative, it can be installed into compact and mobile over counter systems, easy to install and service.
2 If the cask is installed in an existing (under counter) line, it’s important to use wine-compatible steel components (such as column towers, taps, couplings). On the other hand, over counter systems are supplied ready-to-use and include the pressure regulator.
3 Necessary components: tap with flow regulator, creation of a line where the wine will flow (or installation of an over-counter system), use of a fridge to adjust the temperature (comprised between 2°-5°C), use of a pressure regulator, so that the gas can create enough pressure to allow the wine to exit from the cask. Compatible gases: Nitrogen, CO2 or mix. The ideal pressure can be adjusted depending the distance of the cask from the system (generally from 2,5 to 2,8 for distance of 3 meters; if the distance is more, it could be reached up to 3,5 but never more then 3,5 because it can be dangerous.
4 The wine will flow through the coil (comprising cooled pipes and wine pipes) reaching the draught tower, where it can be tapped into a glass or a decanter. The wine must be poured slowly.
5 We recommend cleaning the system every two months, using special kits available on the market.
6 The cask must be de-pressurized when it becomes empty with the included orange key.
7 The casks mustn’t be-stored in a warm enviroment and without exposure to direct sunlight.
Differences from the “Bottle” to the “One way cask”:
- After uncorking a bottle, it must be consumed within one day
- Higher waste of wine
- Loss of wine organoleptic and effervescence properties
- Wine not always at the right temperature
- Slower waiting service
- 6×0.75 l. bottle case capacity = 4.5 l.
- Case size: 25x18x33 cm.
- Large space required to store the goods
- High delivery and transport costs
- High incidence of glass weight on transport costs (600-800 gr./l. on average)
- Limited pallet loading possibilities (432 l.)
- High delivery costs for the end client
- Conspicuous waste of materials (cork, bottle, labels, cartons, seals)
- Higher environmental impact caused by transport
- High material and/or glass disposal costs, depending on national regulations
- High durability of wine, after connecting it to the system. 1 month
- Reduced waste of wine
- Product’s quality remains constant over time
- Preservation of wine’s properties
- The wine does not oxidise, since it does not come into contact with oxygen
- Wine always served at the right temperature
- Faster waiting service
- Cheaper custom taxes in import
- PET cask capacity: 24 l.
- Maximum size: 28 Ø x 55 cm.
- Very low space requirements
- The empty cask can be discarded as garbage
- 2 cases (9 l.) take up as much space as 1 cask (24 l.)
- 8 cases (36 l.) = 4 casks (96 l.)
- Optimal delivery and transport costs
- Minimum incidence of PET weight on transport costs (50 gr./l. on average)
- Optimal pallet loading capacity 1008 l.
- Optimization of deliveries and reduction of costs
- PET cask: environmentally-friendly and recyclable
- Lower CO2 emissions and pollution; only the wine is transported
- No waste disposal costs, since the cask is environmentally-friendly